Friday, December 23, 2011

Cat Scratch Fever

So I went to dinner with MFL Amy (short for My Favorite Lesbian) and her wife Michelle. I've known Amy for ten years, ever since the Enterprise days. We went down to Wokcano in downtown Long Beach for dinner, and in the middle of eating a Philadelphia Roll, Amy popped the question.
Amy: So, would you be able to take an animal?
Sapphire (my guard already up): What kind of animal?
Amy: Does it matter?
Sapphire: I hate cats.
Amy: Well you haven't meant Mama. She is a cat who has had babies (yep, I figure that), and we need to find her a good home. We just have too many animals (why couldn't you throw me one of your extra dogs then? Those I like). But you should know that Mama has feline AIDS.
It's still amazing to me that Amy is in sales with that little pitch of hers. Not only do I not like cats, but I do not want a cat that makes poor decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment