Sunday, December 12, 2010

My Momager

I'm not sure what retired people do all day, but whenever I have an issue or need help with something, I know that I can call my parents, and they'll be on the case. So when I recently tried to get in touch with my second cousin, Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood, for work reasons, my mom and stepdad helped me out. I was hoping that Ray could do some Public Relations work with my company to get some of our products in the spotlight. I drafted a letter to Ray, whom I hadn't seen since Bush's inauguration in 2004. My stepdad edited it for me and sent it back, adding in silly Bureaucratic jokes and puns, and my mom sent an email suggesting that my company fly me out to Washington DC to do interviews with Ray and Barack, and then shop around the footage. None of this never came to fruition, but I know that if I ever want any sort of entertainment career, I already have a hype man and a momager.

No comments:

Post a Comment