Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Did that really just happen?

I hadn't talked to the 24 year old since a brief exchange of texts on Friday night. It was a busy weekend and truth be told, I was too busy watching Tim Tebow cry on national television. So I was surprised when I got a text message on Monday evening that read "Hey, im sorry but i wont be able to make it tonight. i dont think its a good idea for me to get emotionally involved with anyone right now" That was it, verbatim, lower cased letters, lack of punctuation, and all. I was confused. Did we have plans? I racked my brain but could think of no good reason for this text other than he sent it to the wrong person so I texted back "I'm confused. Did we have plans tonight?" He wrote back "We were supposed to met at the gym" Once again, verbatim. I didn't know what to do other than laugh as I wrote, "Um, OK, nice meeting you." He responded with a too cool for school "Likewise" and that was the end of our 72 hour whirlwind romance (?). It was funny, it was lame, and it was slightly annoying that I got broken up with over text messaging. And that, my friends, is why you don't date (and I use that word very loosely here) anyone in their twenties.

No comments:

Post a Comment