Monday, December 21, 2009

The Mansion

As in, the Playboy Mansion. And who doesn't want to go? I had the opportunity to go to a jazz concern at the Mansion in 2005, and could invite one guest so I brought my friend Jen. Just in case I ever run for office, I will recant the PG-13 version.
We get to the Mansion, and after indulging in the open bar, take a tour of the grounds with a drunk guest named Matt. Jen and I take full advantage, posing in front of the wishing well, in the game room, in front of the Mansion. As the free champagnes, yes that was plural...way plural...kick in, I notice that Timmy from the Real World/Road Rules Challenges is at the bar. I corner him, and the poor guy doesn't have a chance. I ask him tons of outdated questions like 'what happened to you and Susie?' (they broke up years ago), 'is everyone really that mean?' (no, most of us are friends), and 'what are you doing now?' (sports broadcasting). During this time, drunk Matt showed my friend Jen the grotto. They returned as I was finishing my interrogation of MTV Timmy, so I then followed Matt to the grotto. To this day, I am not sure what about the grotto mesmerized me more: that I had seen it on TV, the fact that it was such a cool hangout spot, or the fact that I could get pregnant merely by swimming around in its murky waters. So, without a second thought, I stripped down and jumped in. Which seems normal. Unless, of course, you are at a black tie event where no one else is swimming. I'm not sure to this day how many pictures were taken of me, but at one point my friend Jen came in (followed by Timmy), and I popped out of the water (where I was doing laps for whatever reason). "Jen! Hey Girl!" She leaned over and whispered, "I was at the bar, and I heard that there was a girl in here skinny dipping. I had no idea that it was you. Maybe you should get out?"
And as if on cue, a security guard came in and kicked everyone out. You can take the girl out of the grotto, but you can't take the grotto out of the girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment